More than 700 registered dental hygienists have signed up for the annual TandhygienistDagarna (The Dental Hygienist Days) event in Sweden, Karlstad to hear the latest news from the dental industry. During the event, Lumoral will also be presented to the participating oral health specialists.
Lumoral is one of the most important periodontal product launches on the market.
- We want to reach all dental hygienists in our country. The interest in Lumoral is extremely high in Sweden, we have received many invitations to the dental hygienists' own regional meetings around the country as well, says Market Manager Helen Huttunen, Koite Health Oy, Sweden.
- The event provides a great opportunity to meet experts and colleagues in the field of dentistry. We get a lot of feedback from professionals who share amazing stories of how their patients have recovered with Lumoral's help. This is very encouraging.
Huttunen points out that current dental products are not sufficient for daily cleaning. According to studies, even the best electric toothbrush removes only about 60% of the harmful bacteria in the mouth.
- Even after brushing plaque remains around the gum line, crowns and bridges. The remaining plaque is difficult to access with a toothbrush, an interdental brush or with flossing, creating oral health problems.
- Dental hygienists have a great responsibility for the patient's oral health. Patients have full confidence in their dental hygienist and their knowledge of oral health, so it is important that new methods such as Lumoral reach everyone in the profession, says Huttunen.
Periodontal disease is the sixth most common disease in the world. Between 20 and 30% of all implant patients develop peri-implantitis.
- These are huge numbers. People are getting older and this places increasing demands on dentistry. Lumoral as a self-care product can really help the older generation who may have motor problems or difficulty going to the dentist as often as they would actually need to.
The Lumoral method is easy to use.
- After a visit to the dental hygienist, the patient's mouth is often very clean and fresh. But on the day the patient returns to the dental hygienist for the next visit, the oral hygiene status is back to square one. It is at home where the most important oral cleaning takes place and that is where the patient very often falls short. Lumoral offers an excellent solution to this problem.