Finnish health technology company Koite Health Oy has signed a distribution agreement with Romanian-Swedish company Swed Green Group S.R.L. The company also owns Swed Clinic S.R.L., which operates dental clinics. The cooperation agreement will make Lumoral oral self-care technology available on the Romanian market through Swed Clinic dental clinics and family doctors.
- Our dentists support Lumoral treatment in all age groups and for all indications of Lumoral, said Dr. Elena Afilipoaie, Medical and Administrative Director of Swed Clinic S.R.L.
Afilipoaie, who has worked as a specialized dentist in Sweden for many years, emphasises the importance of proactive dental care also in maintaining a patient's overall health. She has two decades of experience in the medical field and a specialised training in oral and maxillofacial surgery from 2012.
Elena Aflilipoaie points out that it is a well-established and accepted fact that diseases of the oral cavity are responsible for the onset and exacerbation of many chronic diseases.
- This is in fact a major public health problem, says Afilipoaie.
- My professional background as a doctor as well as a dentist makes me always treat patients from a multifaceted perspective of health. This is where my idea to include family doctors in Lumoral's marketing strategy in our country started.
Involving dentists and family doctors in Lumoral-collaboration
Afilipoaie explains that her company's plan is to offer both dentists and family doctors the opportunity to offer Lumoral to their patients to improve oral hygiene, prevent the development of antibiotic resistance and improve the general health of the population.
- Romanians are curious and open to trying new ideas. I am fully convinced that people and professionals will appreciate the unique antibacterial Lumoral method. Now that Lumoral is freely available, we can launch a real national campaign for oral disease prevention.
The official launch of Lumoral will take place at the Romanian Dental Days. The Denta event that will be held in Bucharest will take place from 12-14 October 2023. Among the participating countries are: Bulgaria, China, Germany, Italy, Romania, Slovakia, and Switzerland. It aims to attract over 5,000 visitors from different countries.
- Denta is Romania's leading annual professional exhibition dedicated to the global dental sector. This makes it the perfect platform for launching new products. Thus, it will also serve as the official launch of Lumoral on the Romanian market, says Afilipoaie.
Tero Pasanen, Commercial Director of Koite Health Oy, will also be present at the event.
- We see a very high potential for Lumoral in Romania. The dental sector is highly privatised - so there is a natural demand for a product like Lumoral. Our partner Swed Green Group has its own clinic and distribution network, which facilitates the roll-out of Lumoral, says Pasanen.
- Participating in the Denta event is the first official Lumoral launch in Romania - so nobody knows anything about us yet. I will primarily attend the event myself to train the locals on how to sell Lumoral. The distributor's department is entirely Lumoral, so it is a big effort on their part, Pasanen concludes.
Dr. Elena Afilipoaie, Medical and Administrative Director of Swed Clinic S.R.L.